Saturday, November 28, 2009

Let's play catch up, shall we? . . .

5 months?! what?! who?! when?! where?! how?! . . yes! how exactly does 5 months pass since i've posted anything?! Well let's not slip into that as much as what has been going on... if i can even recall!

Ok, so i am tempted to say that i haven't been up to much of anything. . . and i don't really think i have been plus i am on a new computer (my MacBook Pro! - thank you to my gifter ;) i love you!) so i don't even have photos on here yet to jog my memory. I was surprised to be entered into a swap called "All I Want for Christmas" hosted by Bea of Bea's Hive. My surprise pollyanna was Kathy of shawkl.com. She picked out the PERFECT gifts for me! Here are some pictures of a few!

ok, i keep trying & trying to post the pictures but it just won't happen, so please visit my flickr page. thanks.

I'm trying to close up my swap obligations which are very few. I have the Secret Sister swap which closes out this month. We reveal in this last package due to be sent out with a photo by Dec. 1st and then the CQ Embellishment Birthday Swap where you send out 6 embellishments to the birthday girls each month. I've already sent out December and the swap closes out on March 1st. I have most of the rest of the 7 last bags ready to go.

What does the future hold for me? Well getting through the holidays is always a bit of a toughie for me. I'm not fond of them, don't believe in them and would love to have the option of not celebrating them but my 2 loves (son & boyfriend) believe otherwise, so out of love, i am obligated. Last year we had the big CQ Round Robin going on the HGTV message board at this time and i am so sad it's not happening right now, so perhaps if the previous hostesses are ok with it, maybe i could head that up, although i will admit - due to past issues of blocks not being returned, i am hesitant. I don't know the details of why certain blocks were never passed on, i just know that it's completely unacceptable and wrong. I wouldn't want to be the hostess of that swap with something like that happening because i'd be livid and i'd make phone calls that would scare the dead into awakening & getting those blocks passed on. Like who the hell does that?! Sign up for such a big swap only to fail on your part. Anyhow, i know that i'd use my best discretion with who signed up & i'd choose group leaders who had good discretion & leading abilities. (not that the past ones didn't! i might choose the same!) Anyway, this is all given that i 1: even decide to head it up and 2. am given permission to. I just miss working on the blocks & getting all antsy about getting mine back.

I haven't had much luck in the falling asleep department lately so i've been awake some ridiculous hours lately. Well, it's 9am and i still have not slept :( and my best friend is here visiting so now, i'll probably pass out during the day while she is awake. This sucks!

Well, that is all from me! Drop me a comment, let me know you stopped by :) i think we all like that here! :)

cheers!
talia

Update! December 3, 2009
I got an e-mail this morning telling me that a CQ RR swap will be held but someone is just trying to tie up the swaps they are hosting and wait until after the holidays. I don't know any more details than that but I am thrilled that I won't have to host it, because as I had mentioned earlier it's a really big deal and I have not really been in the hosting mood. I am really brain dead because after checking through previous e-mails someone had told me that they were going to host it after the holidays. So this is me openly telling all of you that I am really having a DUH moment! To end on a lighter, happier note though - YAY! It's coming up! Wooohoo!

8 comments:

everythingquilts said...

Cheers to you too!! It can be chaos when we are busy and become hectic to write about it all. I have a hard time just keeping up with the simple things lately. I can't imagine how some keep up with so many different things going on. I for one know I could never host anything, I just don't have what it takes to take something like that on. I do enjoy playing along though.

tisme said...

Glad to hear from you Talia!
Love all your goodies.
I DID finally get my CQ rr, it came last week, just a note saying she was sorry. And lots of CQ goodies were in the box. I was so happy to get my pieces home. I will finally finish my purse!!

Shogun said...

Good to hear from you :)

Shogun said...

Talia - just checking back in to see if you wrote any more. The HGTV SS swap is over, so that must be a relief. I am hoping to try new things and new swaps and new techniques in 2010, so I will be on te lookout. By the way, you should check my blog for something cool my daughter made. See ya!

Shogun said...

Hey Talia!!!

How are you doing?? I am so happy we surprised you with the HGTV SS surprise package. I imagine hosting one of those swaps can be stressful. Lisa chose some great items to send to you, didn't she? You and (the other) Lisa did a ton of work.

Hope I can interact with you again in some other way on the HGTV boards. You gonna go to Columbus in June for the NQA quilt show? Looks like a huge groups is going.

This year I am going to dive into CQ more.

Adios Talia.

Alice said...

Hi,

My name is Alice Hill. I've just visited your website
and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging
links with my website. I can offer you a home
page link back from 3 of my Industrial Supply websites wich are:

http://www.aganelektronik.com/ with page rank 2
http://www.angusandannie.com/ with page rank 1
http://www.pstbic.com/ with page rank 1


If you are interested, please add the following information to your
website and kindly let me know when it's ready. I'll do the same for
you in less than 24 hours, otherwise you can delete my link from your
site.

Title: Used Sheet Metal Machinery
URL: http://www.bulldog-uk.com/
Description: New and used sheet metal machinery products from Bulldog.

I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Alice Hill
alice.hill@aganelektronik.com
Web Marketing Consultant

the writer said...

Hi! I found your blog through a web search for needle tatting classes. . .are you currently teaching anywhere? I had taken a class many years ago, but being left-handed, I can't remember half of what I should be doing.

talia said...

hello writer! YES! I *am* currently teaching somewhere & classes start next Thursday if you are in Hamilton/Trenton, NJ (or the surrounding area) I am teaching for Hamilton Township Adult School, let me know if you need the info!!! It starts Thursday coming up!