Saturday, November 8, 2008

Creativly Tapped Out

For the past week, maybe almost 2 now, i have just been creativly tapped out.  I stare at all of my CQ projects as if I have never touched one in my life.  I lay out beads and lace and this and that and nothing comes to mind.  I'd hate to say I'm 'depressed' because that just makes me feel even worse.  I'm not quite sure what to think.  My friend Kathy has sent me some e-mails today to help me with some ideas and they were great, I sat down to stitch and just couldn't.  Needle in hand and I just stare... I don't know what to do or what to make of things at this point but it's really disappointing.  ugh!  This is a bad slump to be in, my projects are really what keeps me going!

I've been looking for a fellow tatter in New Jersey to tutor me in shuttle tatting because my flip keeps getting messed up.  I've put out those tear off flyers in the local supermarkets, looking for shuttle tatting tutor $15/hr., still nothing.  I have put ads on craigslist, nothing. 

So frustrating!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Awwww, Talia! Maybe you need to change projects! Pick a quick pattern and do some regular piecing for a change!

Or do what I do, and spend hours on the computer, reading everyone's blogs, and waste the day away! :)

Donna said...

I agree with Diane, do something totally different. That's what I do to get going. Another thing I do that gives me inspiration is google images of things that are of interest at the moment, then use those for inspiration. It might be something a simple as pine cones, picket fences, ribbon candy, coral reefs, tropical islands or fairy tales. I have even walked out side to just look around to see the color of the sunset, leaves, or an old barn. Blogs are a very big part of my inspiration. I seen a blog the other day where she had made some of the cutest pillows and I realized what an impact the pillows made, they added so much punch to her rather drab sofa and beds. Hope you have a wonderful day and find your inspiration. Hugs Donna

Donna said...

Talia, I'm back to see if you have found your inspiration. I hoping that since you haven't posted that you are busy away with your lovely stitching.